Okay - I need some general guidance.
Looks like my client will need to upgrade from GP2018 R2 (build 18.00.0628) to latest GP2018 release because Microsoft is changing TLS authentication and therefore, emailing from within GP will require being on latest release.
1. We have two Dexterity customizations. Both pretty complex. Our reseller has the source code for one of the customizations (they wrote it) - the other customization was written by someone a long time ago and reseller says they don't have source code.
2. I asked for a quotation to basically re-compile, test etc. and they quoted minimum $3500 for the customization they wrote and stated unequivocally I could not have the source code and deal with a different developer - against their policy.
3. They quoted a strict Time and Materials pay as you go and no limit to what it may cost to the second customization that they did not write and say they don't have source code.
4. This same reseller did our last upgrade from GP2015 to GP2018R2 - 2-3 years ago.
1. My experience says $3500 minimum for a simple update is outrageous. Your thoughts?
2. My experience is the organization that pays for the customization owns the source code. Your thoughts?
3. I thought you had to have the source code to update a dexterity customization. How did this reseller perform the last upgrade without source code?
I'd be happy to share more details on the two customizations if needed or requested.
Thanks, in advance.