The task is to craft an SSRS report for (for example) and invoice and you want to print a batch of them. 

We need an SSRS report that is multi-page. This video tutorial will walk you through that effort.

Reading through a native Dynamics GP stored procedure today and found this piece of code designed to get the next note number. I thought I'd blog it so I didn't lose it.

I have created a custom SSRS purchase order report for GP users to print. When using this report, POs are not being "released" as they natively do when you print a standard GP report.

Is there a way to programmatically change the status of a PO?

I think there are two options:

1. econnect node: tapohdr, tapoline

2. SQL script to update POP10100, POP10110, PM00201, IV00101, IV00102, IV00103

Any help appreciated.

I'm working with eConnect and trying to send over a transaction.  If I send just the transaction then it shows up in Dynamics GP as I would expect and creates the transaction with a default sales distribution.



If I try and add distributions I get the error:

Error Number = 1341 Stored Procedure= taRMDistribution Error Description = Account does not exist for Account Index (DSTINDX)
Node Identifier Parameters: taRMDistribution

Here is a sample of my xml:

    <eConnectProcessInfo xsi:nil="true" />
    <taRequesterTrxDisabler_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xsi:nil="true" />
    <taCreateCustomerAddress_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taRMCommissions_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taRMTransactionTaxInsert_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taAnalyticsDistribution_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taMdaUpdate_Items xsi:nil="true" />


I'm not quite sure what I haven't done.  The error indicates that I need to supply a DSTINDX but I don't know where to find this.  Everything I searched seems to indicate that if I add distribution items I need to supply an account number but I'm not sure where to find this.

I was able to use eConnectOut and find the customer info but there doesn't seem to be any account info in the results.  At this point I'm a bit stumped.






I am building an automated solution to integrate contracts/projects/budgets into dyn gp 2018.3.  I'm using smartconnect.  I am able to integrate most of the data from MySQL into GP - except the Project_Acct_Employee_Rate table data? 

I located a custom procedure in the requester folder located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\eConnect 16.0\Custom Procedures\Requester\Project_Acct_Employee_Rate.sql.

My question is:  Can I set the requesterTRX flag to 1 on one of the taPre psa sprocs and pass the data via a smartconnect global variable into this Project_Acct_Employee_Rate.sql  - to create one employee rate table for each project I create?  or separately to create the each employee rate table? 

We are in the process of upgrading our GP from 2010 to GP 18, which will require an upgrade to Extender as well.


We have several sql stored procedures that insert into the Extender table.

When a record is inserted into EXT01100 how does one go about generating the Extender_Record_ID?

I have attempted to insert a record and found that there is not an auto-numeration of that field.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thank you,


We are looking to activate PO Approval in GP2018R2 that is not currently activated.  In TEST I did it, but got a GET/CHANGE error when I OK'd out of the window that said, "a get/change next operation on table POP_PO is for an invalid key."

I am wondering If I need to update all existing POs in SQL, to be APPROVED first before trying activate it on the front end.

Would appreciate any guidance.


Dave C

Hello Everyone,

I'm working with a .net solution that calls GP Web Services to return data on existing Purchase Orders. I'm calling GetPurchaseOrderByKey with a specific PO and getting an XML error exception in the Dynamics Web Services Exceptions Console. 

The message being returned is: Instance validation error: '' is not a valid value for PurchaseOrderLineOrigin.

I can't seem to retrieve data for any PO or from any of my companies. I'm struggling to understand what field is actually being returned to PurchaseOrderLineOrigin to even troubleshoot this. I have verified that the field LINEORIGIN in POP10110 has values for all line items.

Is it possible a join to a lookup table on those values is breaking or that I'm just missing a setting somewhere?


Thanks in advance!


Here is the code I'm using on button click to make the call. I'm simply trying to display the Vendor Name in a text box for now to prove I'm getting data, but can't get a return.

protected void btnGetItems_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
           CompanyKey companyKey;
           Context context;
           PurchaseOrder purchaseOrder;
           PurchaseTransactionKey purchaseTransactionKey;
           // Create an instance of the service
           DynamicsGPClient wsDynamicsGP = new DynamicsGPClient();
           // Create a context with which to call the web service
           context = new Context();
           // Specify which company to use
           companyKey = new CompanyKey();
           //companyKey.Id = (11);
           companyKey.Id = (Convert.ToInt32(txtCompany.Text));
           // Set up the context
           context.OrganizationKey = (OrganizationKey)companyKey;
           // Set up Purchase Transaction Key
           purchaseTransactionKey = new PurchaseTransactionKey();
           purchaseTransactionKey.Id = ("PUR4-0000001");
           // Retrieve the Purchase Order data.
           purchaseOrder = wsDynamicsGP.GetPurchaseOrderByKey(purchaseTransactionKey, context);
           txtReturn2.Text = Convert.ToString(purchaseOrder.VendorName);
           // Close the service
           if (wsDynamicsGP.State != CommunicationState.Faulted)
Table Definition Quick Links
All Tables
SOP Tables
RM Tables
GL Tables
POP Tables
HR Tables
PM Tables
UPR Tables
IV Tables
Olympic Tables